Thursday, October 29, 2009

Work, shmooork!

Hmm, doesn't sound quite right, there, added a few more "o"s to the title.
I've just polished off a bag of onion flavored chips - is there anything better in life? Well, maybe sour cream and onion would be better, but try to find anything with sourcream flavor here in Bologna - dang near impossible.

And now my hands stink.

Anyway, I have to finish a translation on "behaviour regarding swine flu" for my colleagues. They're mostly English and everyone they know practically in the UK has had it, so they are very blasè about the whole thing. It's the Italians that have this absolute terror of ever, ever getting sick, ever. Not that I really want to get the flu, any flu, but geeze, do I really have to go around disinfecting the doorknobs and my computer keyboard and telephone all day long? Is any of this useful?

Boh.

I also have to update the uniform order form with a few new items, before I forget again. I also have to call the company that usually prints our posters (God help me) because the company who will be putting them up need them either on January 4th or 5th. Huh, neither sooner nor later - I think that this is gonna be tough, but we can give a good try at begging.

Yesterday I made cornbread, just for the heck of it, I wish I had taken a picture but the camera was acting up and I just didn't think of it. I might just take a pic this evening of the dried remains of the cornbread, but that's beside the point! It was too sweet. I wanted my Mom's cornbread, the kind she always made in her 25lb cast iron skillet that was all nice and crunchy fried on the outside and good and soft on the inside. And wasn't sweet. I got the recipe off of Tasty Kitchen (great site) because the recipe had 5 mitts, but pfft, dang it was almost a cake, good, but sweet.

And you are all screamig "we get it already! Too damn sweet, now shut up!"

Right.

Well, I'm off to telephone calls and stupid translations.

And tomorrow I will be making hamburger stroganoff, hope the family will eat it.
Here's some brownies to tide you over until then.

No comments: